4 Distribution trends to be continued in 2019
Our expert's opinion
"This article emphasizes the importance of a good coordination between manufacturing and distribution. It also identifies 4 areas in distribution that are rapidly changing, and thus important for our clients within the distribution sector.
First of all, consumers like to have options, they like to choose. For distribution, this translates to having a wide variety in products to offer. Secondly, and we notice this every day, having a place of business that is easily accessible is a big advantage for customers but also for possible employees. Another advantage a distributor can have over its competition is having a good track and demonstrable experience in the sector. This too is something that we, as a relatively young company, notice. Our customers depend on us to have the necessary expertise and market knowledge to provide them with the right talent. And rightly so! That is why we count on our project consultants to “teach” us if we don’t know everything about a subject. We will make sure to have the right knowledge, by self-study or talking to our project consultants with decades of experience. Lastly, cost is also an important aspect to focus on."
- Nele Driesen, Associate Consultant
4 Trends of Distribution in 2018
Industrial manufacturing continues to evolve at an ever-rapid pace; with one of the largest areas of advancement pertaining to that of industrial distribution. Trends in Distribution 2018Distribution is a vital component to industrial manufacturing due to the reality that production cannot be all that it can be without an optimal means of resource distribution. Locating the areas in your operation where distribution is deficient can be effective in boosting your distribution network's overall efficiency.
Alterations Within Industrial Distribution
Within industrial distribution, there are four key areas that are changing and have all seemed to happen within the same timeframe. With these swift changes, the industrial distribution aspect of production has become a different atmosphere, with changes being in the following areas:
- Options - Customers like to have a choice - making sure that you are the best choice becomes essential. Becoming the best distribution choice can be done by integration with distributors who offer various other products. By doing this, you are beating out the competition by having a wide variety all in one package.
- Convenience - Having a location that is closer to customers will enable them to want your product more, simply out of convenience. As customers are ambitious with buying, this creates a demand for receiving a product quickly. A nearby location to customers is extremely beneficial to distributors.
- Experience - This term can range from availability of product to product description enhancements. This area also includes order history, shipping and refunds, management of productivity, and various other aspects. Customer experience is extremely important to distribution - after all, happy customers mean more sales.
- Cost - Arguably one of the most important factors pertaining to customers, having a cost friendly distribution network can lead to more sales. When you integrate options and diversify your product line, distribution can cost less through large orders and reduced delivery times. All in all, this creates a lower, more price-friendly option for your consumers.
These alterations within industrial distribution are vital when it pertains to the industrial distribution industry. Taking into consideration these aspects within the industry will promote further insight into distribution.
Source: Planet Together
Other insights in Retail & Distribution
Read our insight
5 technologies that will shape the retail distribution landscape
Our expert's opinion