High Voltage Design Engineer Transmission & Distribution (Confirmed 6-10 years)
The “Energy” Business Line is responsible for all the engineering activities related to the development and realisation of projects in the following fields: - Power, Heat and Desalination - Gas: energy generation and pipelines - Wind, on-shore and offshore - Hydrogen, Energy Storage and Solar PV - Transmission and Distribution of Electricity These projects go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations. Within the “Energy” Business Line, the “Transmission & Distribution” Electrical Competence Centre is in charge of the following tasks related to Transmission & Distribution and electrical activities for the other product lines (e.g. power plants, renewables, gas…): • Feasibility and Basic Design. • Electrical System Studies. • Detailed Electrical Design. • Procurement of electrical equipment including factory acceptance testing. • Electrical Design Review. • Site supervision, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities. • Audit of electrical installations. These activities are executed within different contractual contexts as for instance consulting, owners engineering, EPCM missions as well as EPC contract execution. The concerned contracts could cover the following geographical areas: Europe, Africa, Middle East or Asia.
- HV projects in a great environment
- Diversity of the mission
- Great Evolution Path with possibilities to work abroad
What you'll do
Realize the design and manage the various aspects related to studies of HV and MV substations and grid connections.
• With good knowledge for specific project needs with respect to:
o HV, MV and LV system design (one line, overall and detailed functionalities).
o Power Transformers, Auxiliary Transformers, Earthing Transformers and Reactors.
o HV and MV Gas Insulated Switchgear.
o Medium and Low Voltage switchboards.
o Individual HV and MV substations components as there are: circuit breakers, switches, insulators, capacitors, surge arresters, voltage transformers and current transformers.
o Substations auxiliary equipment: LV distributions switchboards, batteries, rectifiers, UPS-systems and diesel generators.
o HV and MV cables.
o Overhead Lines.
o Design of earthing grid for substations.
o Design of lightning protection systems.
o Knowledge of lay-out concepts or at least willing to learn.
o Knowledge on HVDC and FACTS are an advantage.
• Integrate different HV, MV and LV systems and equipment and guarantee the electrical, mechanical and civil interfaces.
• Write technical specifications, tender files, comparison reports, test- and commissioning documents.
• Analyse and realize the technico-commercial comparisons of tenders.
• Manage the technical and commercial follow-up of contracts.
• Realize Factory Acceptance Testing of HV, MV and LV equipment.
• Coordinate and supervise the on-site assembly of HV, MV and LV systems and equipment.
• Coordinate and supervise on-site testing (Site Acceptance Testing).
• Participate and/or supervise the commission of HV, MV and LV systems and equipment.
• Finalize contracts with all administrative issues required.
Who we're looking for
• Master of industrial engineering or a master of science in engineering (or equivalent by proven experience) with preference in Electrical Power Systems having 5 to 10 years’ experience in the field of Transmission and Distribution systems.
• Proficient knowledge of English, and French or Dutch as second language. Additional language knowledge is an advantage.
• Highly motivated, eager to learn and broaden your knowledge with respect to the field of Transmission and Distribution in general and HV and MV systems and equipment in particular.
• Have an open mind towards other probable competence fields as there are: HV/MV system calculations, protection philosophy, protection systems and substation automation..
• Feel comfortable working independently, however with the ability to communicate efficiently;
• Able to function in a team realizing the complete project together.
• Customer-satisfaction must be part of the day-to-day vision.
• With a dynamic personality and a proactive and innovative approach to work.
• With a systematic analytical approach.
• Acute sense of responsibility with respect to project financials, project planning and knowledge sharing with colleagues in general.
• Flexible and open to missions abroad (short, medium or long-term).
What you'll getA highly motivating and diversified jobs
Possibility to work abroad for short term periods
Great formation in HV (Transmition & Distribution
A competitive salary package