Project Leader Nuclear Logistic
The Project Manager will report to the Section Manager and cooperates with two other themes (Fuel - Dismantling, Decontamination and Waste).
- Manage a great team
- Participate in a tremendous project
- Organization of transport of nuclear goods in Belgium
What you'll do- Within the set framework for the section: plan, organize, lead, coordinate and control all activities and related business activities of the specific theme concerned, in order to reach the targeted objectives from a commercial, customer relationship, project implementation, financial turnover, budget, profit and resources management point of view.
- Manage projects from tendering phase to final invoicing.
- Lead and coach your team (project engineers, experts, project coordinators, dispatchers and technicians and drivers) from an operational point of view.
- Watch over the application of safety, security and quality standards.
- Maintain long-term relationships with customers, partners and subcontractors and detect potential projects.
- Negotiate with clients and partners (in cooperation with Legal Department and Tendering).
- Negotiate with subcontractors for the delivery of goods and services in accordance with the needs of the projects and the financial contractual conditions (in cooperation with Purchase Department).
- Manage your team (+/-10 FTE) and ensure a positive work atmosphere.
- Report regularly to the Section Manager on the activities and results of your theme and cooperate with the Project Managers from the other themes.
- Make recommendations to the Section Manager in order to improve the overall management of the section.
Who we're looking for- you have an engineering degree in mechanics
- you have good knowledge of mechanical concepts (and applications within the nuclear sector is a plus)
- you have at least 5 years of experience in managing projects in a complex and preferably nuclear environment
- you are a people manager and you are able to motivate others
- you work well in an environment where several projects are taking place at the same time
- you have a good overview of the finances of your projects and you make the necessary reports
- customer satisfaction is important to you and you enjoy long-term customer relationships
- you are very results oriented
- you are an entrepreneur and pragmatic
- you are creative and take initiatives for the different projects
- you are an excellent communicator
- you are fluent in Dutch, French and English (German is a plus)
What you'll get- The theme Nuclear Logistics includes the following topics:
o Organization of transport of nuclear goods (national & international)
o Nuclear packaging operation
o Maintenance of packaging
o Design and delivery of packaging and associated equipment
o Feasibility studies
o Technical calculations (mechanical, thermal, leak tightness, criticality and radioprotection) and safety files related to nuclear packagings
- Mobility: mainly Dessel and Villers-le-Bouillet, occasionally abroad (e.g. France and Germany)