Strandie in the spotlight: Jurgen Trogh
Strandie in the spotlightStrand is turning 10!
We grew continuously in terms of revenue and number of colleagues. But more importantly, we grew in culture, attitude, involvement, community strength and family bonds. In short, our family did not only grow, it became stronger.
And of course, this is because of our Strandies. Therefore, we would like to put them in the spotlight and this month we would like you to meet Jef Van Riel, our very own finance manager.
Who is Jef?Jef is not only our Finance Manager, he’s also our “Shape the Future” quizmaster. He likes to participate in quizzes but also enjoys organizing them. Besides that, and his obvious interest in finance, he’s very social, enjoys delicious food and loves to travel. Even now, he still occasionally accompanies eco-friendly group travels of KrisKras as a travel guide.
1) How did you end up at Strand?I have to thank our marketing director for that. I know Tom for quite a few years and I popped into his head when Strand was searching for a new finance manager.
2) What’s the best thing about being a Finance Manager at Strand?Besides the fact that I’m passionate about finance, I love the amount of freedom I get at Strand. I can launch new and innovative ideas and receive the support and space needed to implement them.
3) How would you describe Strand in 3 words?
Young – driven – passionate
4) What’s your biggest win at Strand?
After three months, I was already able to implement a new accounting system. This was an innovation that was absolutely necessary to work efficiently. Tasks that previously took more than three hours and were very error-prone can now be done within 20 minutes. Today, we can spend more time analyzing information, instead of processing data.
5) Tell us something about yourself that might surprise us.I like public speaking. I enjoy drawing up a presentation and entertaining an audience. Even if it’s about a lowbrow subject like accounting.
6) If you could pick one superpower, what would it be?Sometimes I would very much like to read other people’s thoughts.
7) If you could give one important advice to others in your profession, what would it be?
Be patient. Most of us are very greedy at the start of their career. We want to climb up the ladder fast. Take your time to learn and go over every necessary step. More responsibilities will follow at the right time.
8) What was your favourite Strand event?
The “Shape the Future” quiz. I had a lot of fun preparing it and the evening itself was very pleasant. There was a good vibe, everyone seemed to enjoy their selves and we reached a new record in charity profit.
9) Which Strandie deserves to be put in the spotlight?
We're happy that you're part of our Strand Family, Jef!
Lees dit nieuwtje
Strandie in the Spotlight: Hella Van De Voorde